Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Spring Card Diecuts & Brushos

Hi, Joyce here with a fun and cheery spring card. Yellow is not usually one of my favorite colors but I've been loving the yellow Brusho paints. This is a quick and easy card using the Weeping Willow tree from Poppy Stamps. If you happen to have a stash of pre-colored and cut images it is even faster. When I have time I like to stamp and color new stamps then put aside for later use. That way they actually get used:-)






 The background is done on Tim Holtz watercolor paper. I sprinkled on Brusho powders and sprayed with water. See the video for step by step demo. The Poppystamps - Dies - Weeping Willow Tree  was cut from watercolor paper as well. This die doesn't require a Sizzix Precison Plate to cut well on regular paper. BUT on watercolor 140# I did use the Sizzix Precision Plate for the extra pressure and ran through 4 times. It fell out and cut great! You can see the results in the video. I then added brown Brusho and painted the trunk and large branches. I used 2 shades of green for the leaves.

I stamped the Penny Black sentiment using a stamp positioner so I could stamp multiple times to get a good impression. Seeing it is the rough side of watercolor paper it did require 3 or 4 times.

I glued the diecut to the background and added the flowers and bird from my Heartfelt creations stash.


Dies R Us Products

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below. 
click below for:

3 comments:

  1. FAB card, Joyce! I am dashing off to work and will watch your video later. LOVE that sentiment, ain't that the truth! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, that's a great use of the die (which is awesome, by the way). Love how you have used the Brushos too...gorgeous card. And great video, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete