Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Quick & Easy Using Renaissance Jubilee Dies

I made 3 cards using Spellbinders NEW Designer Series Renaissance Jubilee Dies. I will also show one die from Seth Apter. 


Here are the two main cards I made. Be sure to watch Gate Fold & Medallion Take 2 as well.


First up is Label 56 Decorative Element dies  by Stacy Caron Designs. This die coordinates well with Spellbinders Label 56 Decorative Accent dies & Label 56 dies. The large die has a nice edge that embosses.

 
 
 I cut a cardbase 4 1/4" X 11" and scored at 5 1/2". Using a dot embossing folder I embossed a piece of white 4" X 5 1/4". For this Spellbinders Lattice Rectangle I didn't need to emboss since it is mostly covered. But if you use a more open layering piece, try the embossing to add interest. I used pop dots for the blue and the sentiment area, added some peach pearls and s flower from my stash. I cut a piece from Arianna Lace dies from Heartfelt Creations to place under the flower.


Next up is the Milan Medallion dies . This is large 5.8 die that can be turned in any direction. I cut a card base 6"X 12" scored at 6". I couldn't find my Christmas paper pads so I used a piece of foil wrapping paper and glued to the card front. I simply layered the large and medium die cuts and will later add a poinsettia in the center and a die cut sentiment.


This next die is called "Citrus Slice " from Seth Apter. It has citrus like cuts. I think this would work well as texture in a multimedia piece.


The last set for today is Venetian Gatefold dies. These are designed to exactly fit each side of a gatefold card which is 2 1/8" X 5.5" on each side. The base is 8.5" X 5.5" scored at 2 1/8" on each side. For the gate I cut and trimmed he 2 gates then lined it up to the fold line and bottom. This way if my center cut is a tad off (mine was:-) the gate would hide it. You could also place the side of the die that does cut in the center against your 2 1/8" fold line on each side. For this option it is cut from the base so I'd line the inside with designer paper. I like a belly band or closure on a gate fold card. I have difficulty working with a bow or string so I added a brad to the center piece from the Label 56 Decorative Element dies set. I glued 1/2 of the accent to one side. Then just wrap string around the jewel. All I had was gold but silver string would look good here I think.  

Products used: 
Label 56 Decorative Element dies 
Milan Medallion dies 
Venetian Gatefold dies
 Spellbinders Citrus Slice die
 Arianna Lace dies 
Spellbinders Lattice Rectangle  


No comments:

Post a Comment