Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Gate Fold & Medallion Take 2

I'll be introducing you to a few new Spellbinder Christmas dies. Two new dies were perfect for finishing off my Milan Medallion card. There is also a new Christmas Tag die set. Then I will show you a second way to use the Venetian Gatefold dies. These are the two cards completed today. 







Starting with the base and Milan die cuts I added a Sparkling Poinsettia by Heartfelt Creations & used the Poinsettia dies.I stamped with Versamark on 2 different shades of red cardstock and embossed with Gold embossing Powder. I also did a set on white with Red glittery embossing powder. I ended up using the dark red with one medium layer of the lighter red.


I cut 2 strings of Twinkle Lights and various colored bulbs. I cut and embossed leaves from Jolly Holly.  I glued the lights on the two stands and cut off one bulb and adhered over the top of the card. I tucked some of the string of lights under the die cut corners. I also added two Holly leaves under the flower.

 

I cut out samples of the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Christmas Die: Christmas Tags.
I embossed as well so the words showed up. I also sponged a little white ink to bring out the words a bit more.


I did another gatefold card using Venetian Gatefold dies. I wanted to do one using the side of the die that doesn't cut as a hinge. Instead of cutting the gates and gluing on I cut through the base card which is 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" scored at 2 1/8" from each end of the 8 1/2" sides.
Position the NON cutting edge against the fold on the right side. To align I butt the top right  corner against the cutting blade and tape down.





Then the other side place die under the flap and butt fold against the top cut line.




The card cut:

All that's left is the closure. Since I am unable to tie bows I decided to use Velcro this time. I found 1/2" clear circles...perfect! I glued on a gold embellishment to a diamond shaped scrap from the gates cut. A piece of green organza was adhered to the back of the card and the enclosure glued to one end.





 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of the helpful pictures. Really like the gate fold, I am looking at the one that you sent to me. It is right above my computer on my board.

    ReplyDelete