Saturday, September 24, 2016

Forest Scene Hero Arts Multi-Step Deer

In this video I will demo the Spellbinders Water Lilies Decorative Accent dies and frame a forest scene. I also use Sizzix Tim Holtz Holiday Greens and a new Hero Arts layered stamp. I saw this deer and just had to make a card with it. I also introduce a new stamping tool by Clarity. This is the card I will make:






deer-card



I started by stamping a 4 step deer for my scene. I did one without the antlers but step 3 & 4 weren't recorded so my second version I did antlers:-)

1 2

This is a new tool for me...Clarity stamping blocks. It came in a set of different sizes. I really like the small ones for tiny stamps. It is thin and light with a handle to hold on to. I use to stamp little holly leaves and berries around the antlers to cover a not perfect placement of the antlers:-)

3

I used the Spellbinders Water Lilies Decorative Accent dies and used the large outer frame in a dark green. The coral color is a sample of the shapes the dies cut.

4 5

I used a so so background from my stash. I did this on a cruise a few years ago and the paint was really bad LOL. But it works for this scene since I cover most of it. I wanted all the frame interior open so I cut the center out with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics

6

I used Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set 4PK Holiday Greens and cut one from a gold shimmer cardstock, 1 from scrap designer paper and 1 dark green.

7

I position everything to decide on placement. I then glued on the greens and trimmed even with the background. Mount the background piece on a honey mustard cardbase 11"X 4 1/4" scored at 5 1/5". I adhered using Angel Craft tape. Finally using pop dots I added the deer.

8

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful background on this card. Love the peaceful scene that you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous masculine card! Love the deer and those awesome dies you used! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning and a great work of art. I love your scene and that cute deer you made too. Looks like some awesome stamps and dies you have used for this.

    ReplyDelete