Thursday, June 30, 2016

Pan Pastels & Penny Black

I am a Guest Designer at Cut@Home . Today I made a tag card using a Penny Black stamp and die.




https://www.ucutathome.com/index.php


Today I'll be making a tag on a card using Pan Pastels and Penny Black stamp and die. Pan Pastels are an oil based chalk product. Wait until you see how smooth they go on. A great alternative for a blended background.

To see the VIDEO
I am using a manila tag. Usually I use either Pastel paper or a drawing paper. I start with my pearlescent pastels (on the top) and the dark blue below. I use the  SOFFT blending sponges. They have various shapes and detailed tips on a handle as well. Since this is a background I will use the large sponge. The sponges are washable and reusable.



Start by lightly applying color. I used light & Dark blue for most of the card and light green on the bottom. It looks fine BUT I tried to darken the edges wih Distress stain and ruined it. But don't throw away mistakes or be afraid to try new things. This part of the video is missing. I must have forgotten to turn it back on:-(


 I painted on a light coat of Gesso. Now the surface is smooth and the dark edges covered.



I got out my larger set of Pan Pastels this time and applied the same way as before.



Once done I stamped the lovely Penny Black Lily bouquet using Versafine ink.



I used Zig Real Brush Clean Color watercolor markers. I did the leaves and a bit of light purple and noticed the ink was smearing. Chalk needs to be sealed but I was going to do that at the end. I sprayed it (rather I had someone else spray it LOL) with Krylon Workable Fixative. But a cheap hair spray like Aqua Net, works too.



The tag was too large for a A2 card so I made it 7"X 9" scored at 4.5" and a side fold. I used coordinating paper from a Gina K Designs paper pack I have. Add some sequins using a CrystalKatana pickup tool to pick up and adhered with Angel Craft permanent tape.






Products Used:

Penny Black Jubilant Decorative Stamp Penny Black  
Penny Black Creative Die - Geometric Borders   

Crystal Katana Tool by Crystal Ninja Rhinestone ApplicatorPanpastel Ultra Soft Artist Pastel Painting Set, 20-Pack
PanPastel 20 Cavity Palette Tray
Sofft Applicators   Gesso 
Zig Kuretake Real Brush Clean Color  


You can also find me at
Paper Finesse YouTube (Silhouette Cameo included)
Pinterest
 

1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful! Love the split Designer Paper background. That tag is fantastic (you know I have a fondness for tags!) The flowers are beautiful, would love to have them in my gardens!

    ReplyDelete