Thursday, April 21, 2016

Flexible Embellishments - Cut@Home Guest Designer

I am pleased to announce that I will be a Guest Designer for Cut@Home for a bit. Be sure to check them out, they have a ton of major brands. Be sure to signup for their VIP program for great coupons!
https://www.ucutathome.com/index.php


My FIRST video with a camcorder ever! I decided to show my hands in hopes I can help others with weak hands:-)



 I am going to show you how to make flexible embellishments for your home decor, cards or scrapbooks, using Heartfelt Creations Winking Frog collection.

I decorated an embellishment jar. Today I will show you how to make the frog border.  USE ONLY RUBBER STAMPS for this technique.





Ink the frog border using Stazon ink or your ink of choice. It’s OK if your ink dries…it will come off.  In fact it will remove any old dried ink so be sure your stamp is clean.
If you have a die, lay it over your stamp. You don’t have to have a die but if you do it makes trimming the piece so much easier. For this one I had NO trimming to do.



Now let’s get the gel mixture ready. I use 1 part Liquitex Glossy Gel Medium, any brand will do. Use 1 part Gel Medium and 1 part high viscosity acrylic paint. I love the Pebeo irridescent colors…this is yellow green. If your paint is a bit thinner just use more gel. Mix well with your palette knife.



Spread a thin layer first to avoid air bubbles then fill it up. Make it as thick as possible since it will contract as it dries. Smooth it out. Now remove the die and wash it off right away. Fill in any areas that need more gel.

Now WAIT 24 hours! Then gently start peeling the gel from the stamp. Trim if needed. If you used white paint you can color using Copics or other alcohol markers, smear on or paint with acrylics, Inka Gold etc. Have fun and let your imagination go!


Supplies from Cut@Home:
Heartfelt-Creations Leaping Frogs stamps    SKU HCPC-3729
Heartfelt-Creations Froggy Hangout stamps     SKU HCPC-3730
Heartfelt-Creations Leaping Frogs dies   SKU HCD1-792 Heartfelt-Creations Winking Frog Paper Collection     SKU HCDP1-264
From my stash:  Liquitex Glossy Gel Medium, Pebeo Irridescent Green Yellow acrylic paint, Stazon ink

4 comments:

  1. Super Fantastic video! Congrats on the new gig, they're lucky to have you! Oh and Happy Birthday--your card will be a tad late....my bad! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome video....can't wait to see more. Now I need to go find some medium....looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing video and I am even more amazed at the beautiful work you do with the condition your hands are. Mine are not quite as bad but I fully understand how some days it can be a challenge. But we don't give up and do the things we love to do as best we can. I admire you so much for this and your work is always awesome too.

    ReplyDelete