Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Under The Sea

I made a few things for The Mod Squad Challenge using rubber stamps from Designs By Ryn. I love her extremely deep etched rubber. For the focal image I did a "Caught In Crystal" technique. I stamped the images onto acetate using Black Stazon ink. On the backside I colored using Pebeo acyrlic paints. I then put on a thin layer of clear floor wax. I dabbed some Perfect Pearls into the wax in a random pattern, sprinkled on a lot of glitter. I crumbled a piece of tissue paper. spread it out and pressed into the wax...let dry overnight. I found a guillotine cutter worked best in trimming the piece. Layer on top of silver mirror card and mount on a black card base.


Images used from Kelp, Coral Set, Spiral Branch Set & Betta

I did a second project making a flexible embellishment out of gel and paint. I mixed 50% white Liquitex thick paint and 50% Liquitex Gel, mixed well. Ink the stamp with black Stazon and spread a tick coat over the Betta stamp. Let dry overnight. Peel off from the stamp and trim if needed with scissors. I tried coloring with Copics, Pebeo acrylics & Inka Gold (Rose). They all worked so I used all on the finished fish.





I stuck the fish on the acetate just to see how it looked:-) I applied it to an embellishment jar to show how flexible it is.





5 comments:

  1. Hey Joyce! Inspiring process photos! I've never tried that technique and am curious now :) Love the shimmery effect on the Betta too. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful embellishment and beautiful card. Love them both

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty darn cool. I would never have thought to use the stamp in that way!!! Beautiful color on the beta....LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! I'd love to see a video tutorial on these. You know, if you have the time, and do stuff like that.. hehe I just love seeing how people create. 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to at some point. My hand is in a splint yet from surgery:-) Thans! I love techniques and the gel embellies was way cool

      Delete