Saturday, October 3, 2015

Go For The Gold

Sandy Allnock did a free 7 day class this week using all kinds of gold products. Be sure to check out Sandy's blog if you missed it. I really wanted to participate each day but was unable to. So I picked one of my favorites and made it today. Plus being World Card Making Day I just had to make at least one! 

I used Inka Gold, spread it on my mat and sprayed with water. I then added red and blue Brushos. I smudged it on my card...it was a mess! But in real life the gold shimmer is awesome.

The deer stamp is from I Brake for Stamps and embossed in gold. It didn't show up as well as I had envisioned so I colored some brown with the Zig markers. The sentiment is from Gina K Designs.

 My 4 year old granddaughter wasn't getting left out! She saw a black card with colorful ghosts with wiggle eyes on Facebook while I was browsing. I didn't want to use ghosts so I cut a bunch of colorful shapes and let her go for it.  All I helped with was the writing and the glossy accents to adher eyes. She loved the Wink Of Luna pen and the Stickles. Of course the wiggle eyes stoles the show!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely background! I didn't even think to use my Brushos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool background and I have the deer image too. I used that one year for some of my cards. I,like how yours looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how adorable. I love when my grandsons want to craft. Attention span is not the longest, but they have fun. YOUR card is fabulous, just gorgeous. Love how you used the gold here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous gold, love the embossing! Congrats to the little one, how precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was gon this weekend, so I tagged with card to come back to and make a comment. I could not let this gorgeous card go with out a comment. I love your gold card and will pin it to my board. You already know that I think your granddaughter has talent too.

    ReplyDelete