Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Anything With Wings

I am hosting the challenge this week at The Mod Squad Challenge blog. Be sure to check it out. There are 2 sponsors with prizes of stamps...not digi but real stamps! The theme is "Anything With Wings". Here is the card I made using stamps from  Designs by Ryn


I made the background on Stampinback coated paper, added Brushos and spritzed with water. I then stamped the Sideways Hibisus and Flying Humming Bird 2 with Versafine Onyx ink (water proof). I removed some color from the bird and flower using bleach and a Q-tip. Coloring was done with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.


Using Stazon Jet Black ink (for non-porus surfaces) I stamped on some acetate from packaging I saved. Once dry I cut it out and colored with Stickles Diamond. I used rolled up glue dots to adhere over the bird. It looks amazing in person, hard to see in photo.




5 comments:

  1. Hey Joyce, so neat to see more photos of the bird! I find certain effects are hard to capture in pics. Your base colouring on him is fantastic! Neat technique with applying the Stickles to acetate and layering that overtop of the base image. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful dear Joyce.
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thst is s beautiful card. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an over the top card! Wonderful technique too, i am amazed at your talent.

    ReplyDelete