Sunday, June 14, 2015

Shaking Things Up!

 I am hosting the Monday challenge at StampTV this week. The theme is to make a shaker card. I don't make many shaker cards but I was inspired by a layout Kristina Werner did.

I did not do the normal add foam strips bit. I used a page protecter and Scor tape. It can also be sealed with a empty hot glue gun or a "We R Memory Keepers Fuse" tool. I won't spend $26 on a tool I know I will rarely use. It looks great if you happen to do Project Life.

I stamped and masked my images and colored with Alcohol Markers then die cut using my largest circle. I also die cut the white frame using my largest and second largest circle dies.

I cut the base of 4.25" X 11" and scored at 5.5" from Pure Luxury Turquoise Sea. The other piece I cut to have 2  4.25" X 5.5" pieces.

Using the second largest die I cut from one of the smaller pieces of the Turquoise Sea then embossed it. Then on the other smaller piece of Turquoise Sea, I positioned the colored image and glued on.

I used the corner of my page protector so I only had to seal 2 sides and made a rectangle large enough to more than cover the circle. I added the Scor tape and sealed only 1 side, filled (I used some Stampendous Shaved Ice and sequins) then closed up the top.

I used Scor tape to adher the edges over the colored image. I also adhered the cut and embossed layer using Scor tape on the outside edges and top (any where the plastic was) and did the rest with Tombow Xtreme tape runner. With the 2 pieces adherred I added the white frame and rounded the bottom corners. Adhered all to a Turquoise Sea base and rounded the bottom corners.


I used stamps from several sets.
The dragonfly came from GKD "Spring Blessings"
Leaf, swirly flower and butterfly came from GKD "Warm Spring Wishes"
The sentiment from GKD "Frame and Flowers 2"
The tiny flower from GKD "Triple Play Frame"

4 comments:

  1. This is just too too FANTASTIC! I love everything about it. I don't think I will have time to play along, we have our daughter's Bridal Shower this Saturday so my time has been spent elsewhere. Oh check out this video, it will make life easier in the Shaker Card world! ;) http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/01/make-it-monday-50-shaker-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Have fun at the shower, I know you have been busy preparing:-) The fun foam was my second choice, will try it next time. This time I didn't want much to cover the image. As it was my sequins were a bit large but all I had:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce that is one gorgeous card!!! I really love what you did with the frame. Your coloring is magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so lovely and elegant .Love all the details.
    Thank you so much for participating in The 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I hope you will be up for the next one. Thanks again,

    ReplyDelete