Sunday, May 17, 2015

First Date

This is the card I made for the STAMPTV CHALLENGE (I am hosting this week). The challenge is "First Date" - use something in your stash for the FIRST time!


Have you ever watched a video and saw a cool technique and you just had to buy the supply...then forget why you bought it? I sure have! I have a set of Portfolio Oil Pastels that I haven't used for at least 6 months. I don't recall what I wanted to do with them but this week I found a cool technique to try. Basically I used yellow, green and orange on white cardstock. I then covered it all with red. I placed a stencil over it and removed the red with a wipey.

Here is my card


Gina K Flower Builder stamp set
Pattern Paper Delicate Essentials

Version 2

Here are the images of the steps. I randomly co;ored yellow, green and orange. I covered it all in the opposite direction with red (not a heavy coat). Using a star burst stencil, I layed it over the piece. I used a wipey to remove the red in the stencil openings.





6 comments:

  1. Joyce, you are so creative. How do you come up with all your ideas? Please remember me in your prayers. I have by-pass surgery tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Joyce! Very creative technique and I love the colours you used! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool - love how you used the stencil. Great challenge, I have to go dig through my stuff - it's just a matter of chosing something from many unused materials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and a great tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pictures and your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful.....very FUN Challenge!

    ReplyDelete