Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Flower as The Focal

The challenge this week at the Mod Squad Challenge is to use a flower as the focal point. The sponsor is Melanie Muechinger so I used her stamp set. Every thing is watercolored then splattered.
 My inspiration or CASE is from Heather Telford at Bits And Pieces. I love her work. To learn it is easier for me to do the same sample to try and duplicate:-)




Gina K Stately Flowers 4
Gina K Stampers Favorite  
Pure Luxury Bubblegum Pink
 Distress Inks for the background
Tim Holtz watercolor paper


Also entered into these challenges:

Creative Moments  Anything goes
Inspiration Destination Anything goes 
Simon Says  Things that fly
Stampin Royalty  Watercolor
Word Art

11 comments:

  1. LOVE how this turned out. You did a perfect CASE of Heather's card. I want to try this technique with the water based markers. I think my Distress markers are in order here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! When I saw this in my blog feed, I thought it WAS Heather Telford's blog, so obviously you figured it out! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I commented on her post and gave a link:-) Thanks. Thank you Judy

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Joyce, a wonderful splattered background and stunning water colouring of the gorgeous flowers and and bird!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card, I love the soft watercolored flowers and the bright springy colors! Thanks for joining our watercoloring challenge at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fan of Heather's work too, and you've nailed her technique with this watercolored beauty! I just love that pop of blue color with the little hummingbird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce this is so perfect for our ‘FLOWERS’ theme. Just love the colours and design. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Fresh Brewed Designs DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is STUNNING, Joyce. I love everything about this, and I'm SO grateful that you have linked it to our challenge this week. Please be sure to join us again soon. I look forward to it.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. Our challenge this month at V's Sweet Ideas is WATER COLOR, and this would be perfect there as well. You an link it here if you are interested. www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com
    Hope to see you there!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous. Great job. Thank you for taking the stampin royalty challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous. Great job. Thank you for taking the stampin royalty challenge.

    ReplyDelete