1. I used 140# watercolor paper
2. Rub 3 different colors of Distress ink (Concord, Barn Door, Evergreen Bough) on my work mat and spritzed with water.
3. I wet my cardstock then using a wet #8 round paint brush I dropped spots of color all over. Ok, pretty ugly so far...LOL
4. Use a stencil with various size circles or sponges. I made cut a stencil on my Cameo (my friend Susan actually made the file). It had large, medium and small circles in a random pattern.
5. I used my Tim Holtz mini blending tool and pounced white pigment ink in the holes. Be sure to pounce not rub, especially if your background is watercolor. The ink will reactivate the water but pouncing works well.
6. Dry the ink.
7. Move the stencil around and start filling in more circles. It is OK to overlap. I made this layer darker by drying and using a second coat.
8. For the final layer I filled in with mostly small circles and used 3 coats of white, drying between coats.
9. Ready to use!
Here is the card I made:
Gina K Stamp It Big
Pure Luxury Bubblegum Pink
Mother Of Pearl card base
Bokeh Technique for Background
Gina K White Pigment Ink
Pan Pastels over the sentiment
Crafting By Designs Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination Anything Goes
Stampavie And More Butterflies
V's Sweet Challenge Watercolor