Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Stamp Out Cancer


Gina K Designs Stamp Out Cancer Blog Hop

Welcome to a very special Gina K Designs Blog Hop!  We are so happy to share this new stamp set and patterned paper pack, Fight Like A Girl designed by Gina!  Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month we are kicking off the first week with this release and a full week of challenges on Stamp TV.  Each challenge has a prize giveaway!  And a donation to American Cancer Society for cancer research is made for every stamp set sold!   So enjoy the hop and then watch for a new challenge every day in the Stamp Out Cancer Forum on Stamp TV!

Fight Like A Girl Patterned Paper Pack


 Fight Like A Girl Stamp Set



Here are my cards. This first one I used an Anna Griffith embossing folder and inked it with pink ink.  I added a die cut frame and branches. The butterfly is from the "Fight Like A Girl" set and I used GKD White pigment ink and white embossin powder on vellum. I colored pink on the backside just on the wing edges. The sentiment was stamped using GKD Passionate Pink ink. I used Pure Luxury heavy weight white for the card base.


I used Pure Luxury Bubblegum for the card base. I embossed my little squares with 4 different embossing folders. I did direct ink to paper over the embossed area using the GKD Passionate Pink ink and layered with white. I stamped the image on a Blossom die cut and paper pieced the bra with some of the great paper from the "Fight Like A Girl" paper pack. I also used the paper for the faux ribbon and cut out one for the sentiment embellishment.




Enjoy the inspiration from our Gina K Design Team:

And our two Guest Designers:

Joyce Casaldi
Joyce Erb

32 comments:

  1. GREAT creativity Joyce. complete opposites and both so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce I love both of your cards. I love the soft sweetness of the first one and the bold beautiful colors and textures on the second one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Vellum Butterfly -- GASP!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vellum butterfly is awesome. You are so lucky to be a guest designer this month and work with this awesome set and pp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these cards! The first one is so soft and elegant and the second one is bright and full of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards - especially the first with the vellum butterfly - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are lovely, the first is so very feminine and soft and I really like the use of the textures in the second one. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are gorgeous! The beautiful butterfly on vellum on your first card goes perfectly with your delicate background. And I love the square of texture you added behind your cute paper pieced bra on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards! I love the vellum butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous! Thank you. Very nicely done. As a breast cancer survivor, I appreciate the awareness! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect time of year for the release of this stamp set and pretty papers~
    Your cards are so pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning cards, Joyce.
    That letterpress first one, is breath-taking. I love the almost tone on tone look of it!
    How clever, that you used four different squares of EF to that second card. I adore that look! Love the paper pieced bra! Genius!
    Really excellent cards, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forgot to mention that glorious vellum butterfly! Sheesh, butterflies are MY personal faves, and I forgot that? Duh...I was just overwhelmed with that lovely first card, and just forgot!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. What Beth, Anna and Lisa said! Wowee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joyce, these designs are just beautiful, just love them. Thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards. I like your use of embossing folders. Butterfly is elegant. Different textures you used in second card with embossing folders is very catching. Thanks for sharing your cards with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cards - love the vellum butterfly.
    I was wondering how I could create a card with the bra image and you have created the perfect one (I think you are the only one on this blog hop that used this image). THANK YOU:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so creative with the embossing folders and the beautiful vellum butterfly. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You really rocked this! I love both of the cards you made. The first one is so delicate and elegant looking. I think that is my favorite of all the cards I saw in this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't stop staring at your first card, Joyce~it is just stunning.
    Love the design and message of the second card too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, those dies are so elegant!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG Joyce, these cards are GLORIOUS!!! You did an outstanding job on both of them. Each so different, yet each absolutely beautiful. I am so happy to see you as a guest designer for GKD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! The first one is my favorite... the embossing folder, the softness of the color, the butterfly... just perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely wonderful! The colors, the embossing...I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on you guest designer spot. Love the dimension and texture you added to your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great texture and design. Congratulations on being named a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the paper piecing on the bra - what a cute touch. I really like the white embossing on the butterfly on your first card - really makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love both of your cards. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the vellum butterfly. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  30. WHAHOO! CONGRATULATIONS Joyce on your Guest Designing, you're going to LOVE it! Beautiful and supportive cards, loving that white embossed vellum butterfly, so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love both your cards! The first one is exquisite!! Great inspiration here, thanks for sharing. And congrats again on being chosen a Guest Designer!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful cards Joyce!! The first one is so delicate and elegant! And love the square of designs on the second!

    ReplyDelete