Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Thanks From The Sea

This card is for a man so I couldn't bling it out. I did add a bit of Wink of Stella though to the large center conch shell.


I made this for the Stamptv DT Challenge, round 2

I did 2 layers of masks for the shells. The card is sitting on petrified wood from the Petrified forest in Arizona.

I did the background with inktense pencils...first time using them. I didn't add enough water and was too streaky. I hated it, walked away and came back. I forgot once Inktense is dry they no longer react with water. I already had all the making done and stamped! So I tried water coloring over it with distress inks, that helped a lot. I did the sand with Inktense but didn't like it. I discovered I could color over with a Copic after dry. Yea, I salvaged the card!



Under The Sea - seaweed and fishes
Life’s A Beach- the tiny shell
Gifts From The Sea - the shells
Stamp It Big - sentiment
Water Color Paper
Inktense Pencils
GinaK Dark Chocolate ink
Craft cardstock from GinaK
Colored with markers and

1 comment: