Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lemonade Monkeys


This is my DT sample for The Outlawz  for Paper Ala Mode

For this popup card box I used "Lemonade Monkeys" from Kadoodle Bug Designs for the fun inside elements. This is a cut file and the art. I used the colored versions and did a Print & Cut with my Cameo. I added the hearts and owl from my digital stash. My 2 year old grand daughter loves monkeys and owls. Boy did she have fun while I guarded... I mean made this card! She got my trial run without rhinestones.



I made a cut file for the box part that you may have"

Studio file
SVG 

There is a tutorial for making your own if you don't want to use a cut file at Split Coast Stampers. Also an assembly video.

There is 1 piece of 12X12 card stock (double sided would be nice but I didn't have any). The cut file I made has a sample pic of front and back. This is the back.

The first cut I made using Silhouette Studio score lines and didn't like at all. This is a Bazzil texture stock. In my cut file I have cut lines grouped and score lines grouped. Load the mat, change blade to 1 (I left pressure at 33). Select the cut lines and turn them to NO Cut. Then select score lines and change to Cut. Now cut. On this heavy stock it didn't appear to do any thing...but it scored perfectly. DO NOT UNLOAD. Now change score to No Cut and box outline to Cut and cut.
Add the decorative panels and the 2 inserts.

 Glue the tab to side of box. This is the box put together. The hardest part is putting in the  center strips. Now all the bits get attached. I put the monkeys directly on the tabs. The tree glued to back panel. Owl and hearts were first glued to acetate strips. You can position sideways or whatever. Be sure nothing is taller than the box.


This is the box folded flat. The clip is added just to flatten for the photo:-)


 For mailing raise the flaps. This size fits a 6X6 envelop. Because of my sentiment I will make a 6X7 envelop.



Challenges:

Dare to be Sassy - Fold it Flip it
Annabelle Stamps Challenge Love Love Love
Card Makin' Mamas  Stack it Up
Challenges and candies Spring Around The Corner
Craftitude Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Anything goes Digitally Sweet  Anything Goes
Left of Center Creative Challenges  Die Cuts
 

23 comments:

  1. Very cute pop up card box. Thanks for joining us at LOC. PennyRae DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing, bet your grand daughter loved it. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Card Makin Mamas, good luck with the challenge. Suzanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super super cute! I'm going to have to try my hand at one of these. Thanks for joining the Dare to be Sassy Thursdays Challenge and good luck!
    DebbieM - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite a project you made and sure is darling and cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Verna. Problem is now grand baby is snatching my cards if I don't watch her LOL

      Delete
  5. Wow! That's awesome, such fun, love it, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining the Left Of Centre Creative Challenges for our current fortnightly challenge "Diecuts".

    What a really fun and colourful card. Love the characters in the pop up element, the monkeys look very cheeky. A great card in a box that would put a smile on anyone's face.

    I hope you will join us for more of our future challenges, as well as other events we have coming up.
    We have a new Facebook group, where you can find more details of our challenges and DT. We hope you can join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/366516863488820?refid=18&ref=bookmark&_ft_ feel free to invite your friends.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx LOC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it was a lot of fun

      Delete
  7. Thank you for joining us at "Izazovi i Slatkiši" this week with your cute card :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Great pictures/tutorial! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs for the DTBST Challenge! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your Captain Jack is coming soon:-)

      Delete
  9. Fabulous box of monkeys!! that's awesome! Thanks for sharing your Die Cut creation at Left of Center this fortnight! We hope you can join us for our First Anniversary celebrations - a month long Anything Goes challenge starting on the 7th of March - http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/p/loc-1st-anniversary-challenge-starting.html and you can find us on Facebook too for more information! https://www.facebook.com/groups/366516863488820/
    Thanks! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Joyce I love this card!!! It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! What child wouldn't love to open this and leave it on display. The dimension is incredible and the image/paper choices are spot on. No wonder your granddaughter wanted to claim it as her own. Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes/Hit the Right Note challenge at Craftitude Challenges this fortnight. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Joyce, this card is AMAZING. There are so many fun things to look at. I just saw that you won over at Sassy Studios with this card. Congratulations...it's very well deserved!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Susan. I happened to see the announcement this morning at Sassy Studio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Joyce.....that's fabulous! So bright, colourful & cheery.......makes me smile! Thanks for joining us over at Left of Center this time & good luck!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete