Sunday, October 7, 2012

Color Wash

I made the background paper using distress inks. I rubbed some Barn Door, Burlap ink pads on a craft sheet then I added a few drops of Marigold, and a Green (forgot which one), spritzed with water and ran 120# White Pure Luxury card stock over it.

To get less color add more water or use all ink pads. The liquid drops really added mor color than I wanted. Since the color was intense I decided to stamp solid images. I really dislike covering custom backgrounds so I stamp directly to the paper without using layers on top of the background.

The stamp set used was Country Roads by Teresa Momber

4 comments:

  1. Love this card Joyce. I hate covering up pretty backgrounds like that too...that's a good way to get a nice look without covering it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Gorgeous card Joyce! love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big WOW. I love techniques. This is gor-geous. Excellent background. Very cool stamping, love the windmill in back. Looks fantastic, all together. Looks like you were having some fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making cool backgrounds but hate to cover them, LOL. This worked for me

      Delete